Thursday 26 December 2013

My Christmas Traditions.




Happy Holidays Everyone!

Yesterday was Christmas, and I'm sure many of you had a traditional Christmas Turkey Dinner. 
I have to say my family doesn't have many traditions, if there has to be one it would be NOT having turkey on Christmas.

This year we decided on have Salmon en Croute this year with sides of roasted veg and asparagus. 
The salmon is a super easy recipe that we were able to prepare the day before. For a detail recipe you can click here to check one out for Sorted Food. 
For the roasted vegetable we used:
  • baby potatoes
  • carrots
  • shallots
  • rosemary
  • a few cloves of garlic
  • olive oil
  • lots of salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
All we did was boil the potatoes and carrots for a few minutes just to soften them a bit. This helps them when roasting to get that soft on the inside and crispy on the outside texture. Then toss all the above ingredients into a roasting pan and cook them until golden.

Roasted Veg/Salmon en Croute just out of the oven/ Everything plated up

This is probably my favourite thing to have for dessert, and we've been having it for years.

Sticky Toffee Pudding!

There are many recipes online for this, and over the years we just kind out figured out our own ways of making it. Which I think is the best thing about family favourite meals, eventually they become your own. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, if you don't celebrate I still wish you the best.

Let me know in the comments some of your Christmas Traditions, If you don't celebrate what sort things do you do instead??? 

Follow me on Twitter @m33sl_
and Instagram @heyymichelle










1 comment:

Vintage Apparel. said...

yum the sticky toffee puddiiing looks so nice!im glad i found your blog,i love it!
ella x