Wednesday 22 January 2014

All Dolled Up | Makeup & Jewellry Set Up




I love having the things I love on display. This is in no way showing off, I have worked hard to make my room the way it is and love looking at other room decor post. This blog is after all, about the things I love. 
So here's a little sneak peek on how i display my jewellery and makeup. Most of the items I picked up at winners and value village. 
If, like me you like the shabby chic/vintage/old lady look in your space, I suggest going to thrift stores and markets to look for nicknacks and trinkets. 
Teacups: not only are the cute, but also perfect for storing. I use some for lip stains/lip glosses and one for my most used makeup brushes. I also have a few teacups and saucers around my room that I have put tea lights in to give off a nice glow at night when I want to relax with an actual cup of tea and a book (currently I'm reading the Shadow Falls series, its pretty good if you like paranormal young adult books and are just looking for a fun light read).

Let me know in the comments if you want me to go into more detail about the makeup I use most often.
This is an old mirror a family friend had, she heard I was looking for a mirror about this size to do my makeup in and offered this frame. All I had to do was bring it in to mirror/glass shop where I got them to fit in a sheet of mirror. Ended up being so much cheaper than buying a mirror this size from any shop.
Hope you enjoyed this.

Follow me on Twitter @M33SHL_

No comments: