Wednesday 29 January 2014

Comfort | Redecorating on a Budget




This is my room (I moved my bed the other day) and I love it. As I mentioned in a previous post I've put a lot of work into it. What started off as a complete blank slate (bare and white 5 years ago) has now become the place I retreat to after a long day at work, play with Oliver, and genuinely love.

I also love to redecorate it, but right now I don't exactly have the money to go all out and get a whole new room. Here are a couple of the things I've done to change my room up for 2014.


I know it may not be to everyones taste, and some might think it resembles the old room in their grandmothers house, but I love it.


Every piece in this room was hunted down, or found in the back of a closet. Even given to me, for example my bed belonged to a family friend, its an old antique cast iron bed that needed the paint touched up so I decided to paint it gold. What you can't see in this image is that I have a lot of gold accents in my room, the bed bing the biggest.


I also recently decided to paint most of my furniture white. My furniture was all a natural pine finish, and with the direction my room was heading I knew I wanted white furniture. After looking online for pieces and seeming what people were selling locally, decided to keep what I had and headed downstairs and found an old can of white paint and ended up painting five different pieces with that one (barely ½) can of paint. As an extra touch I bought two new (different) knobs from a local shop and fixed them onto a cabinet door and a small drawer. 


There's still so much I want to do, and maybe I can move out soon and start over, but for now I will think I will keep adding little touches to make my space mine. 



Follow me on twitter @M33SHL_
Follow me on instagram @heyymichelle



No comments: