Thursday 27 March 2014

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake...In a Cup!





I know it doesn't look like anything special in this picture, but this has been one of my favourite treats when I'm craving something a little sweet and I had to share it with you all!

This super easy and quick recipe was on I found online a while back, and with a few changes I've made it perfect to suit my cravings. 

All you need to make this simple desert are:

  • ¼ Flour
  • ¼ Sugar
  • around 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa (I'm not a big chocolate person, for those of you who really like chocolate try 2 Tbsp, it's still amazing just too much for me)
  • a pinch of Salt
  • a bit of Cinnamon
  • ¼ water
  • 2 Tbsp of Vegetable or Canola Oil
  • a few drops of Vanilla
I find this is easier to mix in a larger bowl before putting in the mug, but of course this can all be don't in the one mug to save dishes. Just make sure you are using a microwavable mug for this. It's good, but not worth ruining a microwave over.

So first you want to mix the Flour, Sugar, Cocoa, Salt, and Cinnamon together making sure it is all incorporated into one pile of powder. 
Then add your wet ingredients: Water, Oil, and Vanilla and mix all that into the dry ingredients until there are not more lumps and the mixture is smooth.

For baking your cake, since all microwaves are different, place the mug in the microwave for 1 minute tasting with a toothpick to see if its done. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
If not done continue cooking for 1 minute at a time until done. 
Mine are always ready in 2 minutes.

I hope you all enjoy this as much I do, and share it with all your friends and family. 



Follow me on Twitter @M33SHL_
and Instagram @heyymichelle









No comments: