Thursday 4 April 2013

I can see it in your eyes some things have lost their meaning


So finally the day had come, my best friend Katee and I were finally able to go do the things we've been waiting all year for a nice day for! 
So I showed up to the ferry terminal an hour early, and decided to enjoy the sun and walk around downtown while I waited for her to show up. It wasn't long until we hoped on the ferry and were in Halifax.
Our first stop was yeh! yogurt, originally from Quebec the delicious frozen chain has finally come to NS. For years I have been wanting to go to one of those cool self serve frozen yogurt places (kind of lame right) and the experience at yeh! did not disappoint. 
I got mango and NY cheesecake flavour, on top I chose strawberries, kiwi, mochi, peanuts. It was amazing and I will definitely be taking the trip across the harbour to go back.

After many tries of making macaron and only being successful once, I decided it was time to go out and find some in my city. I ended up finding this really cute french bakery online and we decided to check it out. They have six flavours of macaron available, and of course we got one of each!
My favourites were the White one: I think it might have been hazelnut, the green one: green tea flavoured, and the one on the bottom right that looks a little pink but I swear it was beige: which was toffee/caramel flavoured.
To end our night we got a bit hungry again (It was about 3 hours later) we decided to go to a korean BBQ place that we have been wanting to go to. Although looking at the lunch menu before heading in, we decided next time we will be in for lunch.
Before heading home we made a quick little stop into the mall. Look forward to a post about four of the things I bought.


No comments: