Thursday 14 March 2013

Beauty Box 5| February 2013


So this finally came, and I can't say I was too happy. Just for reference I will be comparing this box to the ever so famous Glossy Box. 
Beauty Box 5 did not live up to my expectations of the beauty box. Unlink Glossy Box who provides tracking, I had no idea when this would come, only for it to end up arriving half way through the next month. With this being their "Birthday Box" like Glossy's I was really expecting a great variety of products to arrive, only for it to be mostly all hair care. All in all,  I don't see me getting much use out the products, with the exception of a few, and don't think that the wait for delivery is worth it. I would rather save my $12 and have decided to cancel my subscription with the company.
Well, moving on here is what I got in my February Beauty Box 5:
  • The first thing is the H2O Bath Aquatics Shampoo, claiming to be extra-gentile and non-drying. I think this might be good for traveling, but for someone like me who is loyal to the Lush Big Shampoo, I don't see  me getting too much use out of it anytime soon.
  • Coolway Boost, is a hair treatment that adds moistures and protects from heat. According to the card provided, it lock in that straitened style before you get out of the shower. If thats the case, its really not a product I need. I don't think my hair could get any straighter. This also came with a discount code to use on the coolway site and get 20% off...it expires tomorrow. Thanks BB5.
  • Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub, is definitely a product I could see myself using, especially when travelling. I love body scrubs and am currently using one from Soap & Glory. I also have and Arbonne one that I can't wait to use up! Review on a few Arbonne products coming soon.
  • I also received a BB5 own compact brush, which is great to carry around in you handbag.
  • In the first photo posted you will see also a Set of Brush Guards containing 3 pieces one for and eyeshadow brush, a blush brush and a larger powder brush. These are great for holding the brushes shape while drying and travelling.
  • Also in the first photo, there is a $50 gift card to iTRAIN, I think I might actually look into this and download a work out to start getting into shape for the summer.













Another thing I wasn't too keen on, was the packaging. I like having a use for the boxes afterwards. Like Glossy Box, who have really nice boxes, and sure I could probably use this for something else, such as wrapping a gift, but in the mean time there is no place to store it. I don't no, these are just my opinions on the box, maybe I'm just upset about how long it took to come. Are any of you subscribed to Beauty Box 5, who do you feel about it? Should I maybe give it another chance?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

that brush is very good, used to have one similar;)X


http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/